Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Michael Flaherty, President of Walden Media came to BYU today! He earned the standing ovation that he got for his presentation "On a Story and a Prayer".
He talked about the powerful ability great art, songs, literature, films, have in helping us learn the essential things - compassion, service, faith, patience, optimism. He also acknowledged the flip side that these arts may intensify our darker natures as well.
But "the ultimate power of a good story is something that helps us discover what God meant for us to be."
I was impressed by Mr. Flaherty's friendly, approachable nature, but even more impressed at how courageous he has been in pursuing clean, uplifting media and how tastefully he has woven his faith into his profession.

I feel inspired.


Oh. He also mentioned the Kelly Loosli was the Jimmer Fredette of Animation. Just mentioning "Jimmer" won him (at least 50 :) points.




 Speaking of stories, Murphy and I are thinking of beat-boarding our story for the Gallery-reception-party-gig in September! Maybe too much work?


Okay - but seriously. He's cute.


And he fixes computers. SOLD.

4 comments:

K said...

Unless you are his mother. Then he just tells you - what was it he told me to do? "Download the whole theme again and start over." Is this the son who used to use a pick and shovel to sort out code with me? Hmmm. But he IS cute. And that sketch you did of him had him in it. I'm amazed when that happens - when a simple line can carry the weight of a soul. We should have taken you with us last night to the screening of an artist's biography up there at the Y. Chaz too. Dang it.

Ginna said...

oh what darling sketches of the two of you! I especially love that one of just him. It's really him!

Murphy said...

WOW! I've been artisted! I wish I could do the same back for you. But maybe if I drew you a hundred times I could get something that kinda resembles you.
And thanks for the business cars! YAY!

Ki-o-TEE said...

That was an awesome talk he gave, I think I was grinning the whole way through.

Awesome business cards!