Wednesday, July 18, 2012

WIFYR Conference 2012

It's been a few weeks now, but the conference was fantastic! Here's the overview:



There was a contest to write about a famous character in a famous setting/story that was not their own. In the illustration class, we drew our responses. 




My watercoloring improved 100% in the three days of workshop with Julie. This was a second rendition of a painting that I did in London last year. Unlike its predecessor, I'm very pleased with this one. 


Julie Olson during the watercolor demo: 






Oh, and if you're ever in Sandy - we ate at the best Mexican restaurant I have EVER been to. It's called  La Costa. This picture was taken on our last day. 
Pictured from left right: Erika Baird, Me, Pamela Hanks, Julie Olson, Ester West, Joan Hammond, Holly Papa, Bruce Luck, 
Row 2: Sindy Whitbeck, Diane Moffat, Cathy Witbeck

2 comments:

Murphy said...

I'm so glad you got to go! I missed you the whole time.

K said...

He did, you know. He was supposed to come over and help me organize my new website, but instead, he drowned himself in work because he couldn't stand it that you were gone. Hurummph.

Glad you had a bang-up time!